Ethnic Rhinoplasty: Why Experience Matters in Rhinoplasty Procedures
Every ethnic group has differences in facial structure, skin thickness, skin color, response to surgical techniques with regard to potential for scarring, and nose appearance. Creating a natural-looking result requires a deep understanding of these differences when performing surgery and a focus upon the goal of maintaining ethnic identity in reshaping nose structure.
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon for Ethnic “Nose Jobs”
Dr. Wise has an extensive history of performing ethic rhinoplasty procedures and as a board-certified plastic surgeon and facial reconstructive surgeon, he has a deep and thorough understanding of various ethnic facial structures. His goal is to help his clients gain the perfect balance and appearance. He has treated countless patients from Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa, and his breadth of experience and with the physiological differences makes it possible for you to undergo ethnic rhinoplasty with full confidence in the outcome.
The Vectra Imaging System
If you are considering an ethnic rhinoplasty, what better way to do so than to “try on” a new nose shape, size, or look prior to undergoing surgery? The Vectra Imaging System employed by Dr. Wise allows you to see exactly what the reshaped nose will look like when fully healed. The system creates an accurate 3D image of your facial structure, while taking extremely precise measurements that are of significant value in planning your surgical procedure.
Pre-Surgery Tips for Ethnic Rhinoplasty Surgery
When planning to alter the size, shape, or contour of your nose, we offer these pre-surgery tips to help you get prepared for your surgery:
- Prior to your consultation, find pictures of the type of nose structure you envision to help Dr. Wise understand what you hope to achieve.
- Take advantage of the ability to look at Dr. Wise’s before and after gallery of ethnic rhinoplasty procedures so you are confident in his ability to create the look you want.
- Try on various nose shapes and sizes and minor alterations in nostril size, tip size, bridge, or other parts of your nose structure with the digital 3D imaging system Dr. Wise offers his patients.
- Provide all medical records to ensure your own safety during surgery, and provide any information about medications or supplements you currently take. Some medications or even nutritional supplements should be discontinued for a few weeks prior to surgery, and this information is critical to the success of the surgery, and your health.
Recovery from Ethnic Rhinoplasty
As with any surgery, it is vital that you allow yourself adequate time off from work or other activities to fully heal. For most patients, about one week off work will be needed. The pain associated with surgery is easily managed with prescription pain medication for the first few days, and any discomfort quickly diminishes. Most patients require only over-the-counter medication after the first few days.
Tips on Recovery from Ethnic Rhinoplasty
To recover as quickly as possible, follow these simple steps:
- Sleep with your head elevated to reduce swelling. Add extra pillows or a wedge for your sleeping hours.
- Take pain medication as prescribed and reduce use as pain recedes, switching to over-the-counter acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Care for the surgical site as directed by Dr. Wise, and feel free to call the friendly staff at our clinic if you have any questions or concerns, need clarification of aftercare instructions, or just to check in. We closely monitor our patients with follow-up appointments.
Maintain Your Unique Ethnic Identity in Nose Reshaping
While you may be unhappy with some aspects of your nose structure, such as wideness, large nostrils, drooping tip, or rounded tip, that doesn’t mean you want to alter your nose to such a degree that you lose the beauty of your ethnic background. To create the perfect alteration of nose shape and structure while maintaining your ethnic identity, Dr. Wise skillfully alters bone and cartilage structure, may narrow cartilage, or can increase the nasal tip if this will produce the most natural-looking, appealing facial balance and profile.
Excellence in Ethnic Rhinoplasty
Ethnic Rhinoplasty requires a far different approach than a standard Caucasian rhinoplasty as there are unique qualities to every ethnicity. With a thorough understanding of the key characteristics, Dr. Wise utilizes individualized methods specifically tailored to each ethnicity to create a natural-looking, refined nose that matches your facial structure without losing the beauty of your ethnic identity.
Take the First Step to a More Attractive Profile: Talk to Us.
We invite you to come and meet with us at our discreet, luxurious clinic in New Jersey. The first step is to take advantage of the ability to see exactly what your face will look like if your nose is altered and to try on various levels of restructuring. Only viewing your facial structure with the correction you envision will reveal the impact changes will have on your overall appearance. We invite you to schedule an appointment to meet with us.
Your Face, Your Future
You may not be surprised to find out that your quality of life will be enhanced with a more attractive, balanced facial profile – both in your personal and business life. Our patients come from all backgrounds and ethnicities, and each person is unique in what they want to accomplish in aesthetic surgery. We care deeply about our patients and take great personal joy in helping them gain a higher level of self-confidence with an ethnic rhinoplasty that brings a more refined proportion to your facial structure, while honoring your ethnicity for a beautiful, balanced result.